Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Question/Story Time: Why I don't like my roommate!

Hey guys!

A lot of you have been asking...so I guess it is time to TELL ALL! Well, maybe not all, but most of the story of my roommate experience. The reason that I'm not recording this for the vlog is because many people have asked the question, and new subscribers don't always see older videos, etc,etc,etc!

I guess the story should start off by letting you know that the roommate had a boyfriend and was in an unhealthy relationship and the relationship ended at the beginning of the summer. Roommate apparently moved on a met a REALLY NICE GUY but...you know...girls are sometimes stupid and go back to the asshole. Oh did I say asshole? Well...the guy she was dating was even worst than that.

Before I move on I should probably state that our house is divided into 3 different individual leases. This means that I rent out my room, and they rent out theirs. If they don't pay their rent it does not affect me in any way. Our bills including electric,water, internet, and all that good stuff are included in our rent but have a $40 cap for each of us...meaning we can only spend $120 on bills each month and if we go over we have to pay our landlord the extra money. No big deal right?

WELLLL, we moved in the 3rd week of August (so that's $120 for bills for only half a month) (we paid a full months rent for August)...and within 3 days my roommate was back with her ex and he was...you probably guessed it...LIVING WITH US. I mean at first I was like you know what whatever, but when we received our first overrage notice for $28 each...yeah multiply that by 3 and you'll get $84 plus $120 for our bills already? Ridiculous. I was livid. The reason the overrage was so much was because -someone- would put the air on 67 or 68 degrees every day. I mean, yes...it is brutally hot here in the summertime BUT we all have ceiling fans and I put mine to good use. It turns out our overrage was in electric (the air) and water (him taking showers, washing clothes, etc etc etc).

The problem persisted for September and Meredith and I were getting annoyed. It wasn't fair to us. My kitchen was always disgusting...dishes were never done...everything was just super gnarly in the house. Meredith and I ended up buying a lock box to put over the thermostat and continued to install it (with Fain's expert assistance and my landlords blessing). Roommate and boyfriend were pissed. Her boyfriend called me cussing me out, telling me I was stupid and all this lovely stuff, and did the same for Meredith as well. I had definitely had it with him.

We continued to work with our landlord to find a solution to get him out. After all, our lease states that only one person can occupy each room. We found numerous things that roommate was violating in her lease by him being there and worked diligently to get him removed. The reason we wanted him out so bad was because he carried a gun and we constantly felt threatened by him. I would lock myself in my room and not come out. Sincerely scared.

One night roommate says that she wants us all to talk while boyfriend is not there. We all sit down in my room and start talking. That night she recorded our whole conversation...for you know...him (even though it was none of his business). She claimed that we backstabbed her and said a whole bunch more irrelevant things. We all talked about how we felt and she finally left to go stay with him and his parents for the night.

Everything good and dandy? Nope. That night he posted an extremely hateful post on facebook geared towards Meredith and myself. All hell broke loose and Fain ended up being threatened and blah blah blah. It was intense...and I was scared and OF COURSE, I was home alone that night. Joy. The next day everything was taken to the police where we found that in our county they do not issue restraining orders. Lucky me. So we talked it over with the landlord and let her know everything was that going on. She sat me down with the neighborhood police officer and the next day a report was filed about everything that had gone on in the house. The boyfriend was served with criminal trespassing papers and was no longer allowed on our property, or even in the neighborhood. As for him being able to talk to me, he can't. I was advised to send him a message saying "Don't have any further contact with me...blah blah" and I did. So basically, if he tries to talk to me or contacts me in any way it is deemed as harassment and he will be put in jail.

Anyways...you might think that above ^^ was extremely long but I promise I wasn't even able to include everything that has happened these past 6 months. Maybe sometime in the near future there will be a part 2? I could go on for days guys. I guess I should leave you with a statement to ponder. Roommate and boyfriend broke up over Christmas break. Sad story right? What do you do when you lose your best friends because you choose a guy over them and their safety and well being? I guess some people have to learn things the hard way.

If you have any questions feel free to tweet me...leave a comment here...send us a YouTube message...you know the usual. Have you guys ever had to learn something the hard way? What did you learn? & as always, WE LOVE YOU!

xoxo,
Megan

Our Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment